Friday 15 March 2013

Lauren


Lauren from quinebaug, CT

School: University of Connecticut Year: Sophomore Major: Undecided Business










GET TO KNOW LAUREN
  • Let me guess, you're a tomboy right? Why are you lying to me?
    I don't think I'm qualified to be labeled a tomboy. I own way too many sundresses and my walls are pepto bismol pink. The only sport I've always really played competitively is soccer. But then again, I'm not afraid of some dirt and I'll happily watch games on tv. So technically, I'm not qualified to be labeled a "girly girl" either. I'm totally telling the truth! I'd probably be a lot more of a tomboy if I wasn't so terrible at sports. For Example: Last summer my boyfriend at the time wouldn't pick me to be on his volleyball team and I was the last person left. He picked an inanimate object over me. Such an FML moment.
  • Which of your boobs do you like better?
    I'm gonna have to go with my left boob here. My friends have pointed out at numerous times that I'm always touching my boobs. I honestly don't even realize I'm doing it. But I have noticed that since I'm right handed, it tends to be my right hand on my left boob. Ergo, left boob>right boob.
  • What's the TV show you're most embarrassed to admit you love?
    Forensic Files without a doubt. I prefer hearing about real cases over watching CSI and other criminal investigation shows. The thing is, it's not really on to "entertain" so there aren't any special effects or anything. Every time I watch it I have to listen to people complain about how boring it is. Not to mention I watch it all the time so people judge and are like "why are you obsessed with all these murders and homicides?". But seriously, it's sooooo interesting. And plus now I know what not to do if a bad guy comes after me.
  • Shower or bath?
    Shower. There are just so many more advantages. If the water gets too cold you can adjust the temperature easily, but in the bath you can't. Your fingers and toes don't get pruney like they do in the bath. There's always water running in the shower so you can sing and not get caught. And who takes a quick bath? Showers are definitely the way to go.
  • What's the most awkward thing you've ever said to a professor?
    This question should be reversed, "What's the most awkward thing a professor has ever said to you?" In that case, "Valentine, why are you wearing clothes?". It was actually my TA who said it at the beginning of a discussion on social norms in communications. But nobody knew and just stared at me. If you want to go throwback, one of my friend's dads is a teacher at the high school I went to. In class one day he called on me for something by saying my name. I responded by calling him by his first name back. Slightly awkward.
  • Have you ever hooked-up with more than one person in a night?
    Nooo, but I've seen it happen. It was one big sloppy mess, that I will never let happen to me. I treat guys the way I want to be treated, at least in this case. First of all, it's not okay. Second, I would feel absolutely terrible. I'm a one guy kind of girl. It's also about respecting myself. I try to keep it classy.
  • What's your favorite noise? Also, try and spell it.
    My favorite noise is the noise my car makes when I turn it on and am not wearing my seat belt. It's not just some dinky little beep. It sounds like a little mariachi band playing La Cucaracha, I swear. Um so spelling...da da da da daa da da da da daa is probably the best way I can describe it. Just imagine that insanely loud and alarm like.
  • What's the most dangerous thing you've ever done, and survived?
    This past semester at school, I had been kinda sick so I had no appetite and I hadn't been eating or drinking much. I had to work in the morning, so I woke up and went to the bathroom to start getting ready. I started feeling lightheaded but instead of sitting down I decided to walk back to my room. Apparently I was dehydrated and halfway back I passed out. My head hit the floor so hard, it literally bounced off. I even gained consciousness back from it. But anyway, I had to be taken away on a stretcher to the hospital. I got stitches for the first time in my life and now I have a lovely little scar above my right eye. So yeah, basically I'm saying the most dangerous thing I've ever done is walked. Bonus: While my roommate was calling 911 she realized how much blood there was and passed out as well.
  • What's your greatest asset?
    After a survey one person said my face, one my eyes, and one my driving skills. I can tell you that it is not my driving skills. Physically, I usually get the most compliments on my eyes. I would trade them if I could though. I either have to shove contacts in or go the whole day squinting. Half the time people thing I'm glaring at them when I don't put them in. Emotionally, I'm a good listener. I suck at advice but if you want to vent I am the absolute best person to vent to. I don't judge, I just sit and listen!
  • If you could live in any fantasy world, which one would it be and why?
    I would just want there to be a real life Willy Wonka and Wonka Chocolate Factory. The Gene Wilder version, not Johnny Depp. As for why, why not? Everything in that movie was awesome. Lickable wallpaper, a chocolate river, the oompa loompas. The everlasting gobstoppers in that movie are not the gobstoppers they sell. I want a real one. Plus I wouldn't want to get caught up in magic spells and werewolves and vampires. That all seems too complicated for everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis